THIS AGREEMENT GOVERNS YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES. IF YOU REGISTER FOR A FREE TRIAL FOR OUR SERVICES, THE APPLICABLE PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT WILL ALSO GOVERN THAT FREE TRIAL.
BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER BY CLICKING A BOX INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OR BY EXECUTING AN ORDER FORM THAT REFERENCES THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY AND ITS AFFILIATES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS “YOU” OR “YOUR” SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY AND ITS AFFILIATES. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
You may not access the Services if You are Our direct competitor, except with Our prior written consent. In addition, You may not access the Services for purposes of monitoring their availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes.
This Agreement is effective between You and Us as of the date of You accepting this Agreement.
Table of Contents
- Our Responsibilities
- Use of Services
- Fees and Payment for Purchased Services
- Proprietary Rights and Licenses
- Representations, Warranties, Exclusive Remedies and Disclaimers
- Mutual Indemnification
- Limitation of Liability
- Term and Termination
- Notices, Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- General Provisions
“Affiliate” means any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the subject entity. “Control,” for purposes of this definition, means direct or indirect ownership or control of more than 50% of the voting interests of the subject entity.
“Agreement” means this Master Subscription Agreement.
“Beta Services” means Haystack services or functionality that may be made available to You to try at Your option at no additional charge which is clearly designated as beta, pilot, limited release, developer preview, non-production, evaluation, or by a similar description.
“Documentation” means the help pages or other end user documentation provided by Us to describe the functionality of the Services or how to use the Services.
“Malicious Code” means code, files, scripts, agents or programs intended to do harm, including, for example, viruses, worms, time bombs and Trojan horses.
“Order Form” means an ordering document or online order specifying the Services to be provided hereunder that is entered into between You or one of Your Affiliates, as one party, and Us or one of Our Affiliates, as the other party, including any addenda and supplements thereto. By entering into an Order Form, You or Your Affiliate agrees to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
“Purchased Services” means Services that You or Your Affiliate purchase under an Order Form, as distinguished from those provided pursuant to a free trial.
“Services” means the products and services that are ordered by You under an Order Form or provided to You under a free trial, and made available online by Us, including associated offline or mobile components, as made available by Us and/or described in the Documentation. Services may include Our “Smart Start” services if specified on the Order Form.
“User” means an individual who is authorized by You to use a Service and who is registered with a user ID and password to access the Service. Users may include, for example, Your employees, consultants, contractors and agents, and third parties with which You transact business.
“We,” “Us” or “Our” means Haystack, Inc, or an Affiliate of Haystack Team, Inc.
“You” or “Your” means the company or other legal entity for which you are accepting this Agreement, and Affiliates of that company or entity which have signed Order Forms.
“Your Data” means electronic data, content, files, documents and information submitted by or for You or Your Users to the Services.
2. Our Responsibilities
2.1. Provision of Purchased Services. We will (a) make the Services available to You pursuant to this Agreement and the applicable Order Forms, and (b) provide Our applicable standard support for the Services to You at no additional charge, and/or upgraded support if purchased.
2.2. Data Storage on SFDC. You acknowledge that Your Data will be stored on servers which are part of the salesforce.com platform (the “SFDC Platform”). Accordingly: (a) you are required to enter into the SFDC Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit A as a condition of using the Service; and (b) You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible or liable for any inability to access the Service or for any issues related to Your Data caused by or attributable to the SFDC Platform or to any other cause or reason outside of Our control.
2.3. Our Personnel. We will be responsible for the performance of Our personnel (including Our employees and contractors) and their compliance with Our obligations under this Agreement, except as otherwise specified herein.
2.4. Beta Services. From time to time, We may make Beta Services available to You at no charge. You may choose to try such Beta Services or not in Your sole discretion. Beta Services are intended for evaluation purposes and not for production use, are not supported, and may be subject to additional terms. We may discontinue Beta Services at any time in Our sole discretion and may make material modifications to the Beta Service before releasing a production version or may never make a production version available at all. We will have no liability for any harm or damage arising out of or in connection with a Beta Service.
3. Use of Services
3.1 Subscriptions. Unless otherwise provided in the applicable Order Form, (a) Your access to the Services are purchased on a subscription basis, (b) additional Users may be added during a subscription term at the same per User pricing as the original subscription pricing, prorated for the portion of that subscription term remaining at the time the Users are added, and (c) the subscription for any added Users will terminate on the same date as the original subscription.
3.2 Usage Limits. Services are subject to usage limits, including, for example, the quantities specified in Order Forms and Documentation. Unless otherwise specified, (a) a quantity in an Order Form refers to Users, and the Service may not be accessed by more than that number of Users, (b) a User’s password may not be shared with any other individual, and (c) except as set forth in an Order Form, a User identification may only be reassigned to a new individual replacing one who will no longer use the Service. If You exceed a contractual usage limit, We may invoice You and You will be required to pay for excess usage in accordance with Section 4.2 (Invoicing and Payment).
3.3 Your Responsibilities. You will (a) be responsible for Users’ compliance with this Agreement, Documentation and Order Forms, (b) be responsible for the accuracy, quality and legality of Your Data and the means by which You acquired Your Data, (c) use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to or use of Services, and notify Us promptly of any such unauthorized access or use, and (d) use Services only in accordance with this Agreement, the Documentation, Order Forms and applicable laws and government regulations.
3.4 Usage Restrictions. You will not (a) make any Service or Content available to, or use any Service or Content for the benefit of, anyone other than You or Users, unless expressly stated otherwise in an Order Form or the Documentation, (b) sell, resell, license, sublicense, distribute, make available, rent or lease any Service, or include any Service in a service bureau or outsourcing offering, (c) use a Service to store or transmit infringing, libelous, obscene, or otherwise unlawful, objectionable or tortious material, or to store or transmit material in violation of a third-party’s rights, including but not limited to privacy rights or intellectual property rights, (d) use a Service to store or transmit Malicious Code, (e) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of any Service, (f) attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Service or its related systems or networks, (g) permit direct or indirect access to or use of any Service in a way that circumvents a contractual usage limit, or use any of Our Services to access or use any of Our intellectual property except as permitted under this Agreement, an Order Form, or the Documentation, (h) copy a Service or any part, feature, function or user interface thereof, (i) frame or mirror any part of any Service, other than framing on Your own intranets or otherwise for Your own internal business purposes or as permitted in the Documentation, (j) access any Service in order to build a competitive product or service or to benchmark with a competitive product or service, or (k) reverse engineer any Service (to the extent such restriction is permitted by law). Any use of the Services in breach of this Agreement, Documentation or Order Forms, by You or Users that in Our judgment threatens the security, integrity or availability of Our services, may result in Our immediate suspension of the Services and/or removal of the offending Data, however, We will use commercially reasonable efforts under the circumstances to provide You with notice and an opportunity to remedy such violation or threat prior to such suspension.
4. Fees & Payment For Purchased Services
4.1. Fees. You will pay all fees specified in Order Forms. Except as otherwise specified herein or in an Order Form,(i) fees are based on Service subscriptions purchased and not actual usage (except to the extent usage limits are exceeded as described in Section 3.2), (ii) payment obligations are non-cancelable and fees paid are non-refundable, and (iii) quantities purchased cannot be decreased during the relevant subscription term.
4.2. Invoicing and Payment. We will invoice You in advance for subscriptions and otherwise in accordance with the relevant Order Form. Unless otherwise stated in the Order Form, invoiced charges are due net 30 days from the invoice date. You are responsible for providing complete and accurate billing and contact information to Us and notifying Us of any changes to such information. If You require a purchase order for payment, you will provide us with a valid purchase order form; provided,
however, that no terms on any purchase order will be binding on Us to the extent they differ from the terms of this Agreement and the Order Form.
4.3. Overdue Charges. If any invoiced amount is not received by Us by the due date, then without limiting Our rights or remedies, (a) those charges may accrue late interest at the rate of 1.5% of the outstanding balance per month, or the maximum rate permitted by law, whichever is lower, and/or (b) We may condition future subscription renewals and Order Forms on payment terms shorter than those specified in Section 4.2 (Invoicing and Payment).
4.4. Suspension of Service and Acceleration. If any amount owing by You under this or any other agreement for Our services is 30 or more days overdue (or 10 or more days overdue in the case of amounts You have authorized Us to charge to Your credit card), We may, without limiting Our other rights and remedies, accelerate Your unpaid fee obligations under such agreements so that all such obligations become immediately due and payable, and suspend Our services to You until such amounts are paid in full. We will give You at least 10 days’ prior notice that Your account is overdue, in accordance with Section 11.1 (Manner of Giving Notice) for billing notices, before suspending services to You.
4.5. Payment Disputes. We will not exercise Our rights under Section 4.3 (Overdue Charges) or 4.4 (Suspension of Service and Acceleration) above if You are disputing the applicable charges reasonably and in good faith and are cooperating diligently to resolve the dispute.
4.6. Taxes. Our fees do not include any taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments of any nature, including, for example, value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes, assessable by any jurisdiction whatsoever (collectively, “Taxes”). You are responsible for paying all Taxes associated with Your purchases hereunder. If We have the legal obligation to pay or collect Taxes for which You are responsible under this Section 4.6, We will invoice You and You will pay that amount unless You provide Us with a valid tax exemption certificate authorized by the appropriate taxing authority. For clarity, We are solely responsible for taxes assessable against Us based on Our income, property and employees.
4.7. Future Functionality. You agree that Your purchases are not contingent on the delivery of any future functionality or features, or dependent on any oral or written public comments made by Us regarding future functionality or features.
5. Proprietary Rights & Licenses
5.1. Reservation of Rights. Subject to the limited rights expressly granted hereunder, We and Our licensors reserve all of Our/their right, title and interest in and to the Services, including all of Our/their related intellectual property rights. No rights are granted to You hereunder other than as expressly set forth herein.
5.2. License to Host Your Data. You grant Us, Our Affiliates and applicable contractors a worldwide, limited-term license to host, copy, transmit and display Your Data, in connection with use of the Services by You and Users, and as reasonably necessary for Us to provide the Services in accordance with this Agreement. Subject to the limited licenses granted herein, We acquire no right, title or interest from You under this Agreement in or to any of Your Data.
5.3. License to Use Feedback. You grant to Us and Our Affiliates a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use and incorporate into Our and/or Our Affiliates’ Services any suggestion, enhancement request, recommendation, correction or other feedback provided by You or Users relating to the operation of Our or Our Affiliates’ services.
5.4. License to Usage Data. You grant to Us and Our Affiliates a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to collect and use anonymized, aggregated data regarding Your usage of the Services in order to improve and modify our Services.
5.5. Federal Government End Use Provisions. We provide the Services, including related software and technology, for ultimate federal government end use solely in accordance with the following: Government technical data and software rights related to the Services include only those rights customarily provided to the public as defined in this Agreement. This customary commercial license is provided in accordance with FAR 12.211 (Technical Data) and FAR 12.212 (Software) and, for Department of Defense transactions, DFAR 252.227-7015 (Technical Data – Commercial Items) and DFAR 227.7202-3 (Rights in Commercial Computer Software or Computer Software Documentation). If a government agency has a need for rights not granted under these terms, it must negotiate with Us to determine if there are acceptable terms for granting those rights, and a mutually acceptable written addendum specifically granting those rights must be included in any applicable agreement.
6.1. Definition of Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” means all information disclosed by a party (“Disclosing Party”) to the other party (“Receiving Party”), whether orally or in writing, that is designated as confidential or that reasonably should be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances of disclosure. Your Confidential Information includes Your Data; Our Confidential Information includes the Services; and Confidential Information of each party includes the terms and conditions of this Agreement and all Order Forms (including pricing), as well as business and marketing plans, technology and technical information, product plans and designs, and business processes disclosed by such party. However, Confidential Information does not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing
Party, (ii) was known to the Receiving Party prior to its disclosure by the Disclosing Party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, (iii) is received from a third party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, or (iv) was independently developed by the Receiving Party.
6.2. The Receiving Party will use the same degree of care that it uses to protect the confidentiality of its own confidential information of like kind (but not less than reasonable care) to (i) not use any Confidential Information of
the Disclosing Party for any purpose outside the scope of this Agreement and (ii) except as otherwise authorized by the Disclosing Party in writing, limit access to Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to those of its and its Affiliates’ employees and contractors who need that access for purposes consistent with this Agreement and who have signed confidentiality agreements with the Receiving Party containing protections not materially less protective of the Confidential Information than those herein. Neither party will disclose the terms of this Agreement or any Order Form to any third party other than its Affiliates, legal counsel and accountants without the other party’s prior written consent, provided that a party that makes any such disclosure to its Affiliate, legal counsel or accountants will remain responsible for such Affiliate’s, legal counsel’s or accountant’s compliance with this “Confidentiality” section. Notwithstanding the foregoing, We may disclose the terms of this Agreement and any applicable Order Form to Our subcontractors to the extent necessary to perform Our obligations to You under this Agreement, under terms of confidentiality materially as protective as set forth herein.
6.3. Compelled Disclosure. The Receiving Party may disclose Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to the extent compelled by law to do so, provided the Receiving Party gives the Disclosing Party prior notice of the compelled disclosure (to the extent legally permitted) and reasonable assistance, at the Disclosing Party’s cost, if the Disclosing Party wishes to contest the disclosure. If the Receiving Party is compelled by law to disclose the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information as part of a civil proceeding to which the Disclosing Party is a party, and the Disclosing Party is not contesting the disclosure, the Disclosing Party will reimburse the Receiving Party for its reasonable cost of compiling and providing secure access to that Confidential Information.
7. Representations, Warranties, Exclusive Remedies and Disclaimers
7.1. Representations. Each party represents that it has validly entered into this Agreement and has the legal power to do so.
7.2. Our Warranties. We warrant that during an applicable subscription term (a) the Services will perform materially in accordance with the applicable Documentation, and (b) We will not materially decrease the overall functionality of the Services. For any breach of a warranty above, Your exclusive remedies are to access Our support services and those described in the “Termination” and “Refund or Payment upon Termination” sections below.
7.3. Disclaimers. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, NEITHER PARTY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND EACH PARTY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. BETA SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” EXCLUSIVE OF ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS FOR ANY HARM OR DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY THIRD-PARTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SALESFORCE.COM.
8. Mutual Indemnification
8.1. Indemnification by Us. We will defend You against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against You by a third party alleging that any Service infringes or misappropriates such third party’s intellectual property rights (a “Claim Against You”), and will indemnify You from any damages, attorney fees and costs finally awarded against You as a result of, or for amounts paid by You under a settlement approved by Us in writing of, a Claim Against You, provided You (a) promptly give Us written notice of the Claim Against You, (b) give Us sole control of the defense and settlement of the Claim Against You (except that We may not settle any Claim Against You unless it unconditionally releases You of all liability), and (c) give Us all reasonable assistance, at Our expense. If We receive information about an infringement or misappropriation claim related to a Service, We may in Our discretion and at no cost to You (i) modify the Services so that they are no longer claimed to infringe or misappropriate, without breaching Our warranties under “Our Warranties” above, (ii) obtain a license for Your continued use of that Service in accordance with this Agreement, or (iii) terminate Your subscriptions for that Service upon 30 days’ written notice and refund You any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of the terminated subscriptions. The above defense and indemnification obligations do not apply to the extent a Claim Against You arises from (1) the combination of the Services with software, hardware, content or other items not supplied by us; or (2) Your Data or Your use of the Services in violation of this Agreement, the Documentation or applicable Order Forms.
8.2. Indemnification by You. You will defend Us against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against Us by a third party alleging that any of Your Data infringes or misappropriates such third party’s intellectual property rights, or arising from Your use of the Services in violation of the Agreement, the Documentation, Order Form or applicable law (each a “Claim Against Us”), and You will indemnify Us from any damages, attorney fees and costs finally awarded against Us as a result of, or for any amounts paid by Us under a settlement approved by You in writing of, a Claim Against Us, provided We (a) promptly give You written notice of the Claim Against Us, (b) give You sole control of the defense and settlement of the Claim Against Us (except that You may not settle any Claim Against Us unless it unconditionally releases Us of all liability), and (c) give You all reasonable assistance, at Your expense.
8.3. Exclusive Remedy. This Section 8 states the parties’ sole liability and each party’s exclusive remedy against the other party for any indemnification arising out of or related to this Agreement, including but not limited to any claim described in this Section 8.
9. Limitation of Liability
9.1. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF US TOGETHER WITH ALL OF OUR AFFILIATES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU AND YOUR AFFILIATES HEREUNDER FOR THE SERVICES GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY IN THE TWELVE MONTHS PRECEDING THE FIRST INCIDENT OUT OF WHICH THE LIABILITY AROSE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION WILL APPLY WHETHER AN ACTION IS IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY.
9.2. Exclusion of Consequential and Related Damages. IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, GOODWILL, OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, COVER, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER AN ACTION IS IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF A PARTY OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR IF A PARTY’S OR ITS AFFILIATES’ REMEDY OTHERWISE FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW.
10. Term and Termination
10.1 Term of Agreement. This Agreement commences on the date You first accept it and continues until all subscriptions hereunder have expired or have been terminated.
10.2. Term of Purchased Subscriptions. The term of each subscription shall be as specified in the applicable Order Form. Except as otherwise specified in an Order Form, subscriptions will automatically renew for additional periods equal to the expiring subscription term or one year (whichever is shorter), unless either party gives the other notice of non-renewal at least 30 days before the end of the relevant subscription term. We may increase the per-unit pricing upon the commencement of any renewal term by up to 7% above the applicable pricing in the prior term without prior notice. For any increase in pricing of greater than 7%, we will provide you notice of such increase in pricing at least 60 days prior to the applicable renewal term.
Except as expressly provided in the applicable Order Form, renewal of promotional or one-time priced subscriptions will be at Our applicable list price in effect at the time of the applicable renewal. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, any renewal in which subscription volume for any Services has decreased from the prior term will result in re-pricing at renewal without regard to the prior term’s per-unit pricing.
10.3. Termination. A party may terminate this Agreement for cause (i) upon 30 days written notice to the other party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period, or (ii) if the other party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, receivership, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
10.4. Refund or Payment upon Termination. If this Agreement is terminated by You in accordance with Section 10.3 (Termination), We will refund You any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all Order Forms after the effective date of termination. If this Agreement is terminated by Us in accordance with Section 10.3, You will pay any unpaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all Order Forms. In no event will termination relieve You of Your obligation to pay any fees payable to Us for the period prior to the effective date of termination.
10.5. Your Data Portability and Deletion. Upon request by You made within 30 days after the effective date of termination or expiration of this Agreement, We will make Your Data available to You for export or download as provided in the Documentation. After such 30-day period, We will have no obligation to maintain or provide any Your Data, and as provided in the Documentation may thereafter delete or destroy all copies of Your Data in Our systems or otherwise in Our possession or control, unless legally prohibited.
10.6. Surviving Provisions. The sections titled “Fees and Payment,” “Proprietary Rights and Licenses,” “Confidentiality,” “Disclaimers,” “Mutual Indemnification,” “Limitation of Liability,” “Refund or Payment upon Termination,” “Your Data Portability and Deletion,” “Surviving Provisions” and “General Provisions” will survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
11. Notices, Governing Law & Jurisdiction
11.1. Manner of Giving Notice. Except as otherwise specified in this Agreement, all notices related to this Agreement will be in writing and will be effective upon (a) personal delivery, (b) the second business day after mailing, or (c), except for notices of termination or an indemnifiable claim (“Legal Notices”), which shall clearly be identifiable as Legal Notices, the day of sending by email. Billing-related notices to You will be addressed to the relevant billing contact designated by You. All other notices to You will be addressed to the relevant contact designated by You.
11.2. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of California. Any action related to or arising out of this Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts in Santa Clara County, California or the federal district court for the Northern District of California.
12. General Provisions
12.1. Export Compliance. The Services and other technology We make available, and derivatives thereof may be subject to export laws and regulations of the United States and other jurisdictions. Each party represents that it is not named on any U.S. government denied-party list. You shall not permit Users to access or use any Service or Content in a U.S. embargoed country (currently Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Crimea) or in violation of any U.S. export law or regulation.
12.2. Anti-Corruption. You agree that You have not received or been offered any illegal or improper bribe, kickback, payment, gift, or thing of value from any of Our employees or agents in connection with this Agreement. Reasonable gifts and entertainment provided in the ordinary course of business do not violate the above restriction.
12.3 Entire Agreement and Order of Precedence. This Agreement is the entire agreement between You and Us regarding Your use of Services and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, proposals or representations, written or oral, concerning its subject matter. Except as otherwise provided herein, no modification, amendment, or waiver of any provision of this Agreement will be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom the modification, amendment or waiver is to be asserted. The parties agree that any term or condition stated in Your purchase order or in any other of Your order documentation (excluding Order Forms) is void. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency among the following documents, the order of precedence shall be: (1) the applicable Order Form, (2) this Agreement, and (3) the Documentation.
12.4. Assignment. Neither party may assign any of its rights or obligations hereunder, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the other party’s prior written consent (not to be unreasonably withheld); provided, however, either party may assign this Agreement in its entirety (together with all Order Forms), without the other party’s consent to its Affiliate or in connection with a merger, acquisition, corporate reorganization, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if a party is acquired by, sells substantially all of its assets to, or undergoes a change of control in favor of, a direct competitor of the other party, then such other party may terminate this Agreement upon written notice. In the event of such a termination, We will refund to You any prepaid fees allocable to the remainder of the term of all subscriptions for the period after the effective date of such termination. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their respective successors and permitted assigns.
12.5. Relationship of the Parties. The parties are independent contractors. This Agreement does not create a partnership, franchise, joint venture, agency, fiduciary or employment relationship between the parties.
12.6. Third-Party Beneficiaries. There are no third-party beneficiaries under this Agreement.
12.7. Identification of You as Customer. We may identify You as a customer of ours on our website or in presentations, marketing materials and other documentation regarding our company and may use your logo in connection with such customer lists.
12.8. Waiver. No failure or delay by either party in exercising any right under this Agreement will constitute a waiver of that right.
12.9. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, the provision will be deemed null and void, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in effect.
“AppExchange” means the online directory of on-demand applications that work with the SFDC Service, located at http://www.appexchange.com or at any successor websites.
“Platform” means the online, Web-based platform service provided by SFDC to Reseller in connection with Reseller’s provision of the Reseller Application to You.
“Reseller” means Haystack Team, Inc.
“Reseller Application” means Haystack’s cloud based social intranet application.
“SFDC Service” means the online, Web-based service generally made available to the public via http://www.salesforce.com and/or other designated websites, including associated offline components but excluding Third-Party Applications. For purposes of this SFDC Service Agreement, the SFDC Service does not include the Platform.
“SFDC” means salesforce.com.
“Third-Party Applications” means online, Web-based applications and offline software products that are provided by third parties and are identified as third-party applications, including but not limited to those listed on the AppExchange and the Reseller Application.
“Users” means Your employees, representatives, consultants, contractors, agents and third parties with whom You conduct business who are authorized to use the Platform subject to the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement as a result of a subscription to the Reseller Application having been purchased for such User, and have been supplied user identifications and passwords by You (or by SFDC or Reseller at Your request).
“You” and “Your” means the customer entity which has contracted to purchase subscriptions to use the Reseller Application subject to the conditions of this SFDC Service Agreement, together with any other terms required by Reseller.
“Your Data” means all electronic data or information submitted by You as and to the extent it resides in the Platform or SFDC Service.
- Use of Platform.
- Each User subscription to the Reseller Application shall entitle one User to use the Platform via the Reseller Application, subject to the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement, together with any other terms required by Reseller. User subscriptions cannot be shared or used by more than one User (but may be reassigned from time to time to new Users who are replacing former Users who have terminated employment with You or otherwise changed job status or function and no longer require use of the Platform). For clarity, Your subscription to use the Platform hereunder does not include a subscription to use the SFDC Service generally or to use it in connection with applications other than the Reseller Application. If You wish to use the SFDC Service or any of its functionalities or services other than those included in the Reseller Application, or to create or use additional custom objects beyond those which appear in the Reseller Application in the form that it has
been provided to You by Your Reseller, visit www.salesforce.com to contract directly with SFDC for such services. In the event Your access to the Reseller Application provides You with access to the SFDC Service generally or access to any Platform or SFDC Service functionality within it that is in excess of the functionality described in the Reseller Application’s user guide, and You have not separately subscribed under a written contract with SFDC for such access, then You agree to not access or use such functionality, and You agree that Your use of such functionality, or Your creation or use of additional custom objects in the Reseller Application beyond that which appears in the Reseller Application in the form that it has been provided to You by your Reseller, would be a material breach of this Agreement.
- If Your subscription to use the Platform hereunder includes Salesforce Mobile, You understand that prior to purchasing Salesforce Mobile, You should refer to the Mobile Device list located at http://www.salesforce.com/mobile/devices/ for information on mobile devices that are supported by SFDC. You agree that SFDC will not provide any refunds, credits or other compensation or remedies in connection with Your purchase of Salesforce Mobile for any mobile devices that are not supported by
SFDC. Third party mobile device, operating system and network connectivity providers may, at any time, cease distribution of, interrupt, deinstall and/or prevent use of Salesforce Mobile clients on supported mobile devices without entitling You to any refund, credit or other compensation or remedies.
- Notwithstanding any access You may have to the Platform or the SFDC Service via the Reseller Application, Reseller is the sole provider of the Reseller Application and You are entering into a contractual relationship solely with Reseller. In the event that Reseller ceases operations or otherwise ceases or fails to provide the Reseller Application, SFDC has no obligation to provide the Reseller Application or to refund You any fees paid by You to Reseller.
- You (i) are responsible for all activities occurring under Your User accounts; (ii) are responsible for the content of all Your Data; (iii) shall use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to, or use of, the Platform and the SFDC Service, and shall notify Reseller or SFDC promptly of any such unauthorized use You become aware of; and (iv) shall comply with all applicable local, state, federal and foreign laws and regulations in using the Platform.
- You shall use the Platform and the SFDC Service solely for Your internal business purposes and shall not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, time share or otherwise commercially exploit or make the Platform or the SFDC Service available to any third party, other than to Users or as otherwise contemplated by this SFDC Service Agreement; (ii) send spam or otherwise duplicative or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws; (iii) send or store infringing, obscene, threatening, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, including material that is harmful to children or violates third party privacy rights; (iv) send or store viruses, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses and other harmful or malicious code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (v) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Platform or the SFDC Service or the data contained therein; or (vi) attempt to gain unauthorized
access to the Platform or the SFDC Service or its related systems or networks.
- You shall not (i) modify, copy or create derivative works based on the Platform or the SFDC Service; (ii) frame or mirror any content forming part of the Platform or the SFDC Service, other than on Your own intranets or otherwise for Your own internal business purposes; (iii) reverse engineer the Platform or the SFDC Service; or (iv) access the Platform or the SFDC Service in order to (a) build a competitive product or service, or (b) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Platform or the SFDC Service.
- Third-Party Providers. Reseller and other third-party providers, some of which may be listed on pages within SFDC’s website and including providers of Third-Party Applications, offer products and services related to the Platform, the SFDC Service, and/or the Reseller Application, including implementation, customization and other consulting services related to customers’ use of the Platform and/or the SFDC Service, and applications (both offline and online) that interoperate with the Platform and/or the SFDC Service such as by exchanging data with the Platform and/or the SFDC Service or by offering additional functionality within the user interface of the Platform and/or the SFDC Service through use of the Platform and/or SFDC Service’s application programming interface. SFDC does not warrant any such third-party providers or any of their products or services, including but not limited to the Reseller Application or any other product or service of Reseller, whether or not such products or services are designated by SFDC as “certified,” “validated” or otherwise. Any exchange of data or other interaction between You and a third-party provider, including but not limited to the Reseller Application, and
any purchase by You of any product or service offered by such third-party provider, including but not limited to the Reseller Application, is solely between You and such third-party provider. In addition, from time to time, certain additional functionality (not defined as part of the Platform or SFDC Service) may be offered by SFDC or Reseller to You, for an additional fee, on a pass-through or OEM basis pursuant to terms specified by the licensor and agreed to by You in connection with a separate purchase by You of such additional functionality. Your use of any such additional functionality shall be governed by such terms, which shall prevail in the event of any inconsistency with the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement.
- Integration with Third-Party Applications. If You install or enable Third-Party Applications for use with the Platform or SFDC Service, You acknowledge that SFDC may allow providers of those Third-Party Applications to access Your Data as required for the interoperation of such Third Party Applications with the Platform or SFDC Service. SFDC shall not be responsible for any disclosure, modification or deletion of Your Data resulting from any such access by Third-Party Application providers. In addition, the Platform and SFDC Service may contain features designed to interoperate with Third-Party Applications (e.g., Google, Facebook or Twitter applications). To use such features, You may be required to obtain access to such
Third-Party Applications from their providers. If the provider of any such Third-Party Application ceases to make the Third-Party Application available for interoperation with the corresponding Platform or SFDC Service features on reasonable terms,
SFDC may cease providing such Platform or SFDC Service features without entitling You to any refund, credit, or other compensation.
- Access by Reseller. To the extent Reseller serves as the administrator of the Reseller Application for You, You acknowledge that your use of the Reseller Application may be monitored by Reseller and Reseller may access Your Data submitted to the SFDC Service or Reseller Application. By agreeing to this SFDC Service Agreement, you are consenting to such monitoring and access by Reseller.
- Return of Your Data. You have thirty (30) days from the date of termination your Reseller Application subscription term in which to request a copy of Your Data, which will be made available to You in a .csv format. Any modifications to such Your Data made by the Reseller Application outside of the Platform (if any) will not be captured in Your Data as returned and the return of any such modified data shall be the responsibility of Reseller.
- Proprietary Rights. Subject to the limited rights expressly granted hereunder, SFDC reserves all rights, title and interest in and to the Platform and the SFDC Service, including all related intellectual property rights. No rights are granted to You hereunder other than as expressly set forth in this SFDC Service Agreement. The Platform and the SFDC Service is deemed SFDC confidential information, and You will not use it or disclose it to any third party except as permitted
in this SFDC Service Agreement.
- Compelled Disclosure. If either You or SFDC is compelled by law to disclose confidential information of the other party, it shall provide the other party with prior notice of such compelled disclosure (to the extent legally permitted) and reasonable assistance, at the other party’s cost, if the other party wishes to contest the disclosure.
- Suggestions. You agree that SFDC shall have a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sublicenseable, irrevocable, perpetual license to use or incorporate into any SFDC products or services any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback provided by You or Your Users relating to the operation of the Platform and/or the SFDC Service.
- Suspension and Termination. Your use of the Platform and the SFDC Service may be immediately terminated and/or suspended upon notice due to (a) a breach of the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement by You or any User, (b) the termination or expiration of Reseller’s agreement with SFDC pursuant to which Reseller is providing the Platform as part of the Reseller Application to You, and/or (c) a breach by Reseller of its obligations to SFDC with respect to the subscriptions it is providing to You in connection with this SFDC Service Agreement. If You use the Reseller Application in combination with a SFDC Service Org other than the Org provisioned solely for use with the Reseller Application (a “Shared org”) You acknowledge and understand
that (i) access to such Org, including the Reseller Application used in connection with such Org, may be suspended due to Your non-payment to SFDC or other breach of Your Agreement with SFDC, and (ii) in the event Your relationship with SFDC is terminated as a result of non-payment or other material breach of Your agreement with SFDC, Your Platform subscriptions would also be terminated. In no case will any such termination or suspension give rise to any liability of SFDC to You for a refund or other compensation.
- Subscriptions Non-Cancelable. Subscriptions for the Platform are non-cancelable during a subscription term, unless otherwise specified in Your agreement with Reseller.
- No Warranty. SFDC MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WITH RESPECT TO THE PLATFORM, THE SFDC SERVICE, AND/OR THE RESELLER APPLICATION, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SFDC DISCLAIMS ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE PLATFORM, THE SFDC SERVICE, AND/OR THE RESELLER APPLICATION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
- No Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL SFDC HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY USER FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES BASED ON LOST PROFITS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Further Contact. SFDC may contact You regarding new Platform and SFDC Service features and offerings.
- Third Party Beneficiary. SFDC shall be a third party beneficiary to the agreement between You and Reseller solely as it relates to this SFDC Service Agreement.
- Applicability. The terms of this SFDC Service Agreement govern the Platform provided to You by Reseller in connection with Reseller’s provision of the Reseller Application to You. For clarity, the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement do not supersede any agreement between SFDC and You with respect to SFDC Services purchased by You directly from SFDC.